2012-07-31 19:59:22 | Author: Fusselwurm
… because nobody wants to see ads.
- Publishers include ads into their pages to get paid for the content they provide.
- Users get densitized, ad click rates fall.
- Publishers include more intrusive/aggressive ads.
- Users get fed up and tell their browsers to not show ads at all.
- Publishers start devising cunning means to make sure the user acknowledges an ad before providing content while at the same time they have to keep those blocks transparent to search engines (quite a dilemma).
- That really pisses people off.
(Solutions? Micropayment seems to not really get off the ground – so far)